Collaborating with the designer Nick Jones we are proud to launch Verge as our 10th premium Tumblr theme! With the horizontal scrolling and a bit of an experimental interface Verge easily stands out from the crowd. Like all the other Style Hatch themes this one is packed full of appearance options—including a dark mode—and comes with stellar customer support.
With Verge we even took the time to make sure that it looks beautiful on an iPhone, iPad or other mobile devices.
A lot of love went into Verge. We wanted to make sure ever detail was perfect from the keyboard navigation, J & K or left & right keys, to the reveal panel that expands to show your tweets, recent images to Flickr and posts you like on Tumblr. Plus, similar to Inspire Well, Verge gives you the freedom to set each post’s size with tags. Add “xs” for small (250px) posts, “xx” for the default (500px), and “xl” for large (620px) posts. Take some time to dig around Verge.
Verge has built in support for group blogs, comments powered by Disqus, recent Flickr images, and sharing on Facebook, Google Plus and Twitter. Also in the appearances options you’ll find nearly 30 social profile icon links.
Want ultimate control over the typography in Verge? Typekit is fully supported in Verge 1.0 through the appearance options. Here are the basic steps involved in setting up Typekit for your site:
- Register for a Typekit account - https://typekit.com/plans Typekit offers several affordable yearly accounts, but you can always go with the free plan with access to their trial library.
- Browse through the library and click + Add to Kit after you’ve selected the body and title font for your site.
- While you have the Typekit Editor open go through the list of Weights & Styles (screenshot) selecting only the fonts that you need. This is typically regular, regular italic, bold and bold italic.
- Once you have your two fonts selected hit the green Publish button at the bottom right (screenshot).
- Go to back to Tumblr and open Customize > Appearance, find the Typekit ID field and paste in your Typekit ID. You can find the ID by opening the Typekit Editor and clicking Embed Code at the top right. You only want to copy and paste the 7-8 character ID at the bottom (screenshot).
- Now paste in the font-family values for the body, UI and title fonts into Customize > Appearance. You will find it by clicking Advanced below the Selectors on the left (screenshot).
Tip: Even if you don’t use Typekit you can use the Body and Title Font Family options to paste in other standard font-family fonts.
- Accent - Pick an accent color that is used throughout the theme for titles, icons, various links, rollover elements and UI touches.
- Inverse Accent - Set the color that is used for text on top of the accent color. Make sure you pick an inverse accent color with enough contrast to make the text pop.
- Logo - Upload an image to replace the site title with a logo.
- Black version - Switch Verge to the dark layout mode reversing all the UI elements
- Show portrait in description - Display your blog icon inside the site description
- Enable infinte scrolling - By default infinte scrolling is turned on allowing you to continuously load posts by scrolling to the right.
- Show group blog details - If your site is setup as a secondary blog, and you invite others to be authors check this option to show author names below each post.
- Enable share buttons - Displays a Twitter, Facebook and Google plus button for each blog post. On the homepage you have to click the arrow above the post time to reveal the buttons, but they appear by default in the design on permalink pages.
- Large post size default - Forces all the posts without size tags (xs, xx, or xl) to display at the larger 620px width.
- Small post size default - Forces all the posts without size tags (xs, xx, or xl) to display at the smaller 250px width.
- Load title font League Gothic - If you are not using Typekit, but you still want to use a custom font you can check this option to load in the League Gothic font for the titles.
- Load title font League Gothic Extended - Check this option to load in the version of the font that includes extended latin characters like ñ, è, ä, ö, etc
Verge give you the ability to change up various titles and bits of text throughout the theme. These options include: description title, social links title, authors title, Twitter feed title, likes title, and Flickr title.
Extensions and 3rd Party Addons
- Disqus ID - Add your Disqus Site Shortname to enable comments for your site. Click here to register for a Disqus site account.
- Google Analytics ID - Ascender has asynchronous Google Analytics tracking built into the theme, all you need to do is add your site ID to this option.
- Clicky ID - For realtime tracking of who is on your site right now, goals, campaigns and Twitter monitoring add your Click ID. Clicky does charge for their analytics and tracking, but I highly recommend it for people who are stats junkies. Sign up for an account with Clicky.
- Flickr ID - Add your Flickr ID to display four thumbnails of your most recently uploaded images. To find your Flickr ID use http://idgettr.com
- Typekit ID - Add your Typekit site ID enable custom typography and font-face fonts for your site.
- Tweet Count - Sets the number of recent tweets to show in the right column.
- Likes Count - Sets the number of Tumblr liked posts to display in the right column. The maximum like count is 10.
Add URLs to display the following social site icons below your site description. Note: Make sure you add the full URL, including “http://”.
Behance, Cargo Collective, Delicious, Deviant Art, Digg, Dribbble, Ember, Etsy, Facebook, FFFFound, Flickr, Formspring, Forrst, Foursquare, Google Plus, Gowalla, Last.fm, Linked In, Pinterest, Rdio, Skype, Slideshare, Spotify, Soundcloud, Stumbled Upon, Twitter, Vimeo, generic website link, Youtube, and your email address.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- lesitedupharmacien likes this
- formfunctionnn reblogged this from vergetheme
- daylitchi likes this
- alythebird likes this
- filmes-no likes this
- wwwgatewayvillasorg likes this
- wwwgatewayvillasorg reblogged this from vergetheme
- svilanica likes this
- gatewayvillas likes this
- gatewayvillas reblogged this from vergetheme
- pneus-et-roues likes this
- bestcheapuggbootsforwomen likes this
- cybermondaylaptopdeals likes this
- laptopbagsforwomen likes this
- ttttest2 likes this
- almeda-freeman reblogged this from vergetheme
- loopfiets reblogged this from vergetheme
- loopfiets likes this
- dog--blog reblogged this from vergetheme
- goedkoopste-vliegtickets reblogged this from vergetheme
- loan-until-payday reblogged this from vergetheme
- prowthish-istoselidon reblogged this from vergetheme
- milkwithonesugar likes this
- sixsteps likes this
- dereksimmons likes this
- franksdailydoodle likes this
- prettybutt likes this
- johnlafondwright likes this
- martijnvreugde likes this
- sabrinareneechong likes this
- philosophicizin likes this
- baronjamie likes this
- kevin-kee reblogged this from vergetheme
- dangatorium likes this
- fludlyt likes this
- or333b likes this
- vebradford likes this
- thomasraukamp likes this
- ninaspringle likes this
- maniacfinds likes this
- goldfrapp likes this
- bethchapleaublog likes this
- vergetheme posted this